The Escape pods can deliver sounds at loud volumes and high pitched tones. Exposure to such sounds can result in permanent hearing loss damage and prolonged exposure should be avoided, with great care taken. The volume level may vary based on factors such as the device you are using, its reception and volume settings, and your environment. Please read the safety guidelines below prior to using this headset.
Safety guidelines1. Prior to using this product follow these steps:
- Turn the volume control to its lowest level
- Put the headset on
- Slowly increase the volume to a safe and comfortable level
2. During the use of this product
- Set the volume at as low a level as possible
- Refrain from using the Escape Pods in noisy environments where you may feel the need to increase the volume level
- If it is necessary to increase the volume, do so slowly
- Immediately discontinue use of the Escape Pods if you experience ringing in your ears or any level of discomfort.
- If you do experience ringing or discomfort you should consult a physician.
- Prolonged use of the Escape Pods at a high volume may cause your ears to become accustomed to that volume, which could cause permanent damage to your hearing.
- Use of the Escape Pods will reduce your ability to hear other sounds. You should therefore be cautious when using the Escape Pods while engaging in any activity that requires your full attention.
- You should consult your physician before using the Escape Pods if you have a pacemaker or any other electrical medical device.
- The Escape Pods and their packaging contain small parts which could be hazardous to children and should therefore be kept out of reach from children.
- The Escape Pods are not a toy and you should therefore never allow children to play with the product.
- Never try to dismantle the Escape Pods yourself
- Never attempt to push objects of any kind into the Escape Pods, as this could cause short circuits, resulting in fire or electric shock.
- Never attempt to repair the Escape Pods or replace any of their components yourself. Only the manufacturer may open the Escape Pods. If any parts of your product require replacement for any reason, including normal wear and tear or breakage, contact the manufacturer and never try to fix them yourself.
- The ear tips should rest against, but not enter the ear canal.
- Keep the Escape Pods and their components away from operating machinery.
- Abide by all signs and instructions that request an electrical device or RF radio product be switched off in designated areas. This may include, but not be limited to hospitals, blasting areas, potentially explosive atmospheres, or aircrafts.
- Contact the manufacturer if the Escape Pods overheat, have been dropped or damaged, have a damaged cord or plug, or have been dropped in a liquid
- Never position the product over any airbag deployment area, as serious injury may result when an airbag deploys.
- Do not use the Escape Pods in areas where there are explosive hazards.
- Always dispose of the Escape Pods according to local standards and regulations.
- Dispose of the product according to local standards and regulations.
- Always ensure you are aware of your surrounding when using this product
- We cannot guarantee that this product will always remain securely in your ears
- Great care should be taken if ever handling any heavy objects while using/wearing this product and this is done entirely at the users own risk
Using the Escape Pods while operating a motor vehicle, watercraft or bicycle may be dangerous, and may be illegal in some jurisdictions. Check your local laws. While engaging in any activity that requires your full attention, removing the headset from your ear area or turning off your headset will keep you from being distracted, helping to avoid accident or injury.
BUILT-IN BATTERY CARE:
- The Escape Pods are powered by a rechargeable battery
- Full battery performance is only achieved after two or three complete charge and discharge cycles.
- Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charging unit as overcharging the battery may shorten its lifetime.
- If left unused, the fully charged battery will gradually lose its charge.
- Leaving the product in the hot or cold will reduce the capacity, lifetime and possibly functionality of the battery.
- The battery used in the Escape Pods may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated.
- Batteries may explode if damaged.
- Only recharge the battery with the charging cable provided in the packaging of this product.
- Dispose of batteries according to local regulations.
- Please recycle when possible.
- Do not dispose the battery as household waste or in a fire as it may explode.
- The battery in the Escape Pods should never be removed or replaced by the user. Any attempt to do so may result in damage of the product or personal injury.
- Never attempt to charge your product with anything other than the AC adapter provided.
- Use of other chargers may invalidate any approval or warranty.
- Charge the Escape Pods according to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Please refer to the user manual for a description of the charging status indicator lights.
- Never use a charger that is damaged.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the charger as it may cause a fatal electric shock.
This product is CE marked according to the provisions of the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) directive 2014/53/EU. Hereby, Iconic Audio Limited declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Radio Equipment Directive (RED) directive 2014/53/EU.
Within the EU this device is intended to be used in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cypress, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland. Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom and within EFTA in Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.